Who We Are
We are one of the oldest Yacht Clubs in Australia formed in 1882.
We are located in Cobblestone Drive Bunbury Western Australia.
The Club has the original King George V lease in the name of boat builder Frank William Pearce who rented the land for £3 a year and made his application to the Bunbury Harbour Board.
Over the years some historic records have been lost, some destroyed by fire when the building was destroyed in 1913.
In the early 1900's it was truly a yacht club with racing held on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The scene changed over the years with numerous land fills and the train line over the Koombana Channel to service the port. This put serious height restrictions on what type of vessel could access the inlet and prevented yachts getting from the inlet to the ocean.
The club still has members with yachts but the club was forced to become more powerboat orientated.
The club over the last few years has installed a hardstand area for boat servicing, repaired all the old jetties and has self funded the installation of a floating jetty.
The club now has pens for 60 boats.